1889

This former mansion was built in 1889, and then donated by Sarah Spencer in 1951, becoming the city of Victoria’s first public art museum. Since then, the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria has delighted both tourists and locals alike.  

This is why we’re exceptionally lucky to have participated in the 19th-century period restoration, retaining the historic importance of the heritage registered building.  Having worked on the Oak floors of the foyer, dining and reception rooms and even touching up the fireplace tiles, contributing to such an integral part of Victoria’s community and culture is a tremendous source of pride for us.